What you should know about travel protection
We are looking forward to greeting you on arrival just as much as you are looking forward to your Italy villa vacation. But sometimes illness or an emergency at home may create the need to postpone or cancel your trip. Travel can also mean encountering the unexpected, ranging from the inconvenient to truly serious.
We want to help you have a worry-free trip by protecting your non-refundable villa vacation from the unexpected. Having reviewed a number of travel protection plans, Travelex Insurance Service continues to be our top choice for your peace-of-mind. With the travel insurance industries highest A+ rating for superior customer service, immediate, hassle-free processing of claims and 24/7 International Emergency Assistance Service, Travelex travel protection plans offer the industry's highest standard for comprehensive benefits to meet the challenges of travel.
We are confident Travelex Travel Protection has a plan that's right for you.* For complete Travelex coverage information and costs click here and/or call 1-800-228-9792.
Not sure you need travel protection? The “Travelex Top 10” (below) highlights the importance of purchasing a plan before you depart on your trip:
Travelex Top 10
“I’ve become ill and don’t feel well enough to travel”
- When you purchase a plan that offers trip cancellation/ interruption coverage within 21 days of your initial trip deposit, you are eligible for waiver of pre-existing medical conditions. That means you can cancel your trip for an unforeseen sickness - and be reimbursed for any non-refundable expenses relating to your trip.
“I think my son has an ear infection – what’s "ear infection" in Italian?”
- Travelex plans offer 24-hour worldwide assistance. Call toll-free to access our 24 hour medical assistance helpline to receive advice or get information on English-speaking doctors in your area.
“We were on our way home when the airline went on strike”
- The trip delay benefit covers for up to $750 TraveLite/$1000 Travel Plus in non-refundable expenses for strikes that affect public transportation.
“My travel supplier just declared bankruptcy”
- Common carriers with financial difficulties are becoming increasingly common. Purchasing trip cancellation/ interruption coverage from a third party like Travelex can protect you and your trip investment against such an occurrence.
“I arrived but my luggage didn’t”
- Whether your bag is lost or merely delayed, you can be reimbursed for the purchase of clothing and personal articles so you can enjoy your vacation.
“My father-in-law fell and injured himself – I normally care for him”
- The illness or injury of family members is also included under covered reasons to cancel. It’s important to remember that even if you are fit to travel, other events may make departing on your trip unthinkable.
“We missed our connection because of a flight delay”
- You arrive in your connecting city but your flight is long gone and the next flight is not until tomorrow morning. The travel delay offers coverage for accommodations and meals.
“We were traveling when I suddenly developed chest pains”
- When a medical emergency happens far away from home and from proper medical facilities, you want to ensure you receive adequate care. Our medical evacuation benefit will cover emergency transportation for you to the nearest facility or back home.
“A terrorist act has occurred in a city through which my flight will be connecting”
- Both domestic and international terrorist acts are covered reasons to cancel your trip provided the act occurs in the insured’s city of destination and you must be scheduled to arrive in that city within 30 days following the terrorist incident.
“My wallet – with my cards and passport – has been stolen”
- Emergency assistance services will assist you in reporting your lost documents and make arrangements for an emergency cash transfer should that be required. As well, the baggage benefit provides coverage for loss due to the unauthorized use of your card.
This is a partial description of benefits. Certain conditions, exclusions, and limitations apply as set out in the Evidence of Coverage, available by clicking our Get A Quote button below.
© 2009 by Homebase Abroad, Ltd. All rights reserved.